Translate


Search This Blog

Featured Post

The Magic Book, c. 1100 BCE

Tales of Ancient Egypt:  Princess Ahura:  We were the two children of the King Merneptah, and he loved us very much, for he had ...

Monday, November 20, 2017

The Papyrus of Ani, Chapters 43, 44, 45, 46



A spell for not letting a man’s head be cut off from him in the underworld. 

Words spoken by the Osiris Ani Ani [sic]:

I am the great one, the son of the great one; I am the fire, son of the fire.
His head was given to him after it was cut off. The head of Osiris is not snatched away from him; may the head of the Osiris Ani not be snatched away from him.
I am fastened together; I am true; I am young. I am Osiris, lord of eternity.

The Papyrus of Ani, Chapter 44

A spell for not dying again in the underworld. Words spoken by the Osiris Ani:
My cavern is open; my cavern is open; the glorified spirits in darkness fall.
The Eye of Horus sanctifies me; the Opener of Ways has nursed me.
I have hidden myself among you, the never-setting stars.
[My] neck is as Ra; my face is open; my heart is on its place atop my mouth which [I] know.
I am Ra, behold, Ra himself.
I am not ignorant of you, I do not injure you.
Your father lives for you, the son of Nut. I am your great son who sees your secrets.
I am crowned as king of the gods; I will not die again in the underworld.

The Papyrus of Ani, Chapter 45 


A spell for not rotting in the underworld. Words spoken by the Osiris Ani:
[I am] still, [I am] still, as Osiris. [My] limbs are still as Osiris.
It [i.e. my body?] is not still; it has not rotted; it has not passed away; it has not dissolved.
Do for me according as I am Osiris.
If this spell is known, he will not rot in the underworld of Osiris.

The Papyrus of Ani, Chapter 46

A spell for not perishing and for being alive in the underworld. Words spoken by the Osiris Ani:
O children of Shu, of the netherworld which gains mastery over his bandlet among the people,
I have risen up; Osiris rises up.

No comments:

Post a Comment