Translate


Search This Blog

Featured Post

The Magic Book, c. 1100 BCE

Tales of Ancient Egypt:  Princess Ahura:  We were the two children of the King Merneptah, and he loved us very much, for he had ...

Monday, November 20, 2017

The Papyrus of Ani, Chapters 8 and 9



[A spell to] cross over into the land of Amentet by day. 

Words spoken by the Osiris Ani:

Hermopolis is open; my head is sealed [by] Thoth.

The eye of Horus is perfect; I have delivered the eye of Horus, and my ornament is glorious on the forehead of Ra, the father of the gods.

Osiris is the one who is in Amentet. Indeed, Osiris knows who is not there; I am not there.

I am the moon-god Iah among the gods; I do not fail.

Indeed, Horus stands; he reckons you among the gods.

The Papyrus of Ani, Chapter 9

A spell to come forth by day after crossing into the death-god’s kingdom. 

Words spoken by Ani:

O great and powerful soul,
Behold me, I have come; I see you.
I cross into the netherworld; I see my father Osiris.
I drive away darkness; I am [his] beloved.
I have come; I see my father Osiris.
I sever the heart of Set when he acts against my father Osiris.
I have opened every way in heaven and in earth. I am the beloved son of my father Osiris.
I am a perfected body; I am a glorified spirit; I am prepared.
O all you gods and all you glorified spirits, I have made a way, the Osiris scribe Ani, true of voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment