Translate


Search This Blog

Featured Post

The Magic Book, c. 1100 BCE

Tales of Ancient Egypt:  Princess Ahura:  We were the two children of the King Merneptah, and he loved us very much, for he had ...

Monday, November 20, 2017

The Papyrus of Ani, Chapter 58 and 59


A spell to breathe air and have mastery over water in the underworld.

Words spoken by the Osiris Ani: 

Open to me. 

Who then are you? Who are you? Where have you made your transformations?
I am one of you. 

Who is it who is with you?
They are the two goddesses of inundation. 

Indeed, you separate head from head, drawing near the chamber of the bull’s hide. He lets me travel to the House of the Finder of Faces. 

Gatherer of Souls is the name of my ferryboat. One Who Makes the Hair Stand On End is the name of the oars. Thorn is the name of hold[?]. Steering the Middle is the name of the rudder. Its likeness is the form; you wrap yourself for burial in the pool. 

May you give me a vessel of milk, cakes and loaves of bread, cups of drink, and meat in the house of Anubis. 

If this spell is known, he will enter after coming forth in the underworld.

The Papyrus of Ani, Chapter 59 

A spell to breathe air and have mastery over water in the underworld. 

Words spoken by the Osiris Ani: 

O sycamore of Nut, which gives me air from within itself,
I embrace the place in Hermopolis; I have guarded the egg of the Great Cackler.
It flourishes; I flourish;
It lives; I live;
It breathes air; I breath air;
the Osiris scribe Ani in true voice.








No comments:

Post a Comment